Seedbox Discussions Just a silly questions about Seedboxes (fixed post) awhile ago this forum had errors

Indeed. If you're looking at dedi servers I'm setting them up at cost for now, as kind of a get my name out there promotional deal. Pick one of the dedi OVH servers (I'm in the .ie sector, so I go by there prices), and PM me and I'll set it up for you :) I haven't, as of yet, set up a VNC, but from what I have heard, all you need is a small addition to XFCE to put it on, though do note that it may significantly decrease performance on the lower end servers (I can't say for sure, I don't use a VNC). Honestly, I see no real need for it unless you don't want to use rTorrent. Although, rTorrent runs in a command line, so SSH would be the same as running the VNC. At any rate, I'll set it up for you with rTorrent, ruTorrent and libtorrent (all source compiled, I don't mess with that crap in the package manager), the plugin pack, and I can put FTP on there, but you don't need an FTP server to run SFTP which now has encryption, so you can save on some resource overhead there. As for operating system, I highly, highly, highly recommend Debian, it has a very low overhead on resources, the downside is that it's the least linux-noob friendly (though you really don't need to do anything server side in day to day torrenting). If you're interested, send me a PM or drop by the site and you can fill out a pre-sales contact form to go to my email. At cost is always good, right? :) Oh, and you can have root access, I'll forward the details, I have WHMCS on the site, I'll hook your site user up to the control panel so you can restart it yourself and what not. Even has a reinstall feature! (I have not, as of yet, added FTP, the plugin pack, or added the code to start rTorrent after the reinstall, so you'll have to email or PM me if you reinstall for now, should be fixed shortly). Give us a try!

Figyelem! Szexuális ragadozók az nCore-on! Kattints a képre!

Szexuális ragadozók az nCore-on!

I am sorry you think I was being rude. Did you think I was being rude in the other four posts that I made assisting you?

I think it is reasonable to have the expectation that you've at least done the baseline research around the questions you are asking - especially when stating that you've decided something, as in the case of FreeBSD. You didn't even check whether there was a torrent client compatible with FreeBSD before deciding that it was your choice of operating system?

I am not part of your support team, I was a guy volunteering to help you make the best decision you could, take responsibility for your questions and show consideration towards the folks you are trying to get help from by doing the ABC groundwork.

Before we start launching into who said what and to whom, perhaps it would be wise to take a step back from this conversation before I have to step in and take action against you both. I understand that certain conversations can cause frustration but do not be tempted to start a mud slinging match, or it will end badly for you both.

I haven't used FreeBSD, but I do believe I've heard others referring to using it for torrenting. It seems to be quite a bit more difficult to use than the traditional Linux environments (RHEL, CentOS, Ubuntu, Debian). As I said earlier, and going off of Weasel, the newer, standard Ubuntu distros are quite bloated. I'm sure that Ubuntu is very quick once trimmed down, but I find Debian to be what is essentially and already trimmed down version of Ubuntu. The other nice thing about Debian because it is an Ubuntu derivative is that most of the online support threads aren't exclusive to Debian, in general, they hold true to both. To each his own, though I will give Red Hat and the CentOS teams props for making a rock solid, stable product, it does tend to be slightly heavier on resources, again, this could be trimmed down, but you would also be missing a lot of the support forums (especially for torrenting, it's nowhere near as popular for torrenting) and some packages are available for Debian and Ubuntu that just aren't for RHEL and CentOS because they're more designed for a business setting.