Seedbox Discussions Has anyone tried to build their own Seedbox?

I'm now using a raspberry pi B+ with a usb hard drive as a torrentbox and it can still max out my crappy home uplink!
Before that I was using a Core2 mini PC with a usb drive running Vista!.
I have over 500 torrents on it!

Obviously my superfast cable link (that's what it said in the ads) is the limiting factor, but so easy to make a torrentbox out of cheap/old gear I think everyone should.

Remember though it's not going to give you upload speeds like a seedbox at a data center, as your link is likely only a fraction of the bandwidth available there.

I use my torrentbox to continually seed older files especially music and anime for as long as I can pay the electricity bills.

Sadly I still need a real seedbox too for the fast moving stuff.
I have the regular Raspberry Pi B and I only reach about 30% of my home uplink... I have a 75/75 connection, which is about 9 megabytes/second. Fastest I saw uploading in my Raspberry Pi was ~2.5MB/s.

Figyelem! Szexuális ragadozók az nCore-on! Kattints a képre!

Szexuális ragadozók az nCore-on!
like the others here , I build my own seedbox at home once and even now as I'm writing this post
I use my computer for seed few old torrent just for bonus point and also for sharing and that's the important thing
also before that I was using the webui for utorrent to connect remotely via Internet and it was a good experience
the downside is that my connection not that pretty FAST with upload I got at max 1mbit xDD that's kinda sad for me sure

anyway
I recommended to rent a kimsufi box 500 GB and it's the cheapest one around there at the market of servers xD
also online.net are offering a good server as well

Good luck ~

I use my down Slackware server with Transmission and flexget for automating downloads. It runs on a intel server board with a xeon cpu and usually has an uptime of about 3 months depending on different factors.

I have the regular Raspberry Pi B and I only reach about 30% of my home uplink... I have a 75/75 connection, which is about 9 megabytes/second. Fastest I saw uploading in my Raspberry Pi was ~2.5MB/s.
RaspberryPi is really not suited for anything remotely network or usb intensive (Ethernet controller is run over usb).
That said, if you insist on that form factor, Banana Pi would be a much better choice, as it has proper gigabit ethernet and a sata port to boot.
In my tests it was doing ~700mbit.

I used my old computer to build my own mediaserver with Plex. I now also use it as a seedbox with ubuntu server installed. I use Flexget to automate my torrent downloads which are then feeded to transmission. Works great! I have full control and can change anything in the setup if I want.