Seedbox Discussions Has anyone tried to build their own Seedbox?

I'm now using a raspberry pi B+ with a usb hard drive as a torrentbox and it can still max out my crappy home uplink!
Before that I was using a Core2 mini PC with a usb drive running Vista!.
I have over 500 torrents on it!

Obviously my superfast cable link (that's what it said in the ads) is the limiting factor, but so easy to make a torrentbox out of cheap/old gear I think everyone should.

Remember though it's not going to give you upload speeds like a seedbox at a data center, as your link is likely only a fraction of the bandwidth available there.

I use my torrentbox to continually seed older files especially music and anime for as long as I can pay the electricity bills.

Sadly I still need a real seedbox too for the fast moving stuff.

Figyelem! Szexuális ragadozók az nCore-on! Kattints a képre!

Szexuális ragadozók az nCore-on!

If you are planning to use it on an old machine.. I would suggest getting a lightweight torrent client like qBitttorent or Transmission

If you are planning to use old machine then go for nas4free. Its very powerful, has NAS, Transmission client, DLNA/UPnP etc.

Else, go for a 4.99 Euro kimsufi dedi KS1, it comes with 500 GB HDD and 2 GB RAM. Its very easy to role a seedbox on a dedi. I have a Proxmox and 4 containers, one of the container is a 300 GB seedbox. I used this guide to build my seedbox:

http://www.torrent-invites.com/showthread.php?t=272986