Seedbox Tutorials Dedicated server /Kimsufi /OVH /Seed box setup - Rutorrent, Autodl-irssi, ZNC, Ubuntu

Status
Limitált ideig lereagálható téma! Már nem fogad további válaszokat.

Figyelem! Szexuális ragadozók az nCore-on! Kattints a képre!

Szexuális ragadozók az nCore-on!
This is a great tutorial. I used this plus another to come up with a seedbox that works perfectly. might i suggest adding a few things though.

During step 8 add libtorrent-mod-scgi to the end of the dependencies list.

I also got an error that said "Bad response from server: (200 [parsererror,getintervals])" which was solved with a quick google search and answered by Lefteris.

To fix this simply read and do what I pasted below.

"Look at your /var/www/rutorrent/conf/config.php file, if you have extra bytes (line breaks or spaces) before <? or after ?>, remove them, this is HTML result that shouldn't be happening there."

+1 to Copper

It's interesting how so many people have different results following this guide.

Not at all. Nine out of ten people are having no problems whatever. Of those who have experienced difficulties, almost all of them have turned out to have made typos, missed a step or thought that it wouldn't matter if they deviated from the guide a bit. Which leaves a bare handful of unexplained errors. And no doubt more scrutiny would also show those to be typos or unusual server configuration conflicts as well.

The real problem is that this was presented as an expert level guide. And the small number of members running into problems are not experts so they are encountering some frustration resolving the part (s) that don't work for them. Any typos or mistakes are likely to result in an error - which are completely solvable as well. None of this is a huge problem unless you are both a beginner who runs into a problem and easily frustrated. The guide works very well for experts, beginners who follow it exactingly and those who have patience in figuring out where a typo crept in.

Not at all. Nine out of ten people are having no problems whatever. Of those who have experienced difficulties, almost all of them have turned out to have made typos, missed a step or thought that it wouldn't matter if they deviated from the guide a bit. Which leaves a bare handful of unexplained errors. And no doubt more scrutiny would also show those to be typos or unusual server configuration conflicts as well.

The real problem is that this was presented as an expert level guide. And the small number of members running into problems are not experts so they are encountering some frustration resolving the part (s) that don't work for them. Any typos or mistakes are likely to result in an error - which are completely solvable as well. None of this is a huge problem unless you are both a beginner who runs into a problem and easily frustrated. The guide works very well for experts, beginners who follow it exactingly and those who have patience in figuring out where a typo crept in.

I completely agree. As I said, I am not an expert. I know very little about linux and this guide walked me through step by step. Of course I came across errors along the way but I was able to see that the errors usually arose from having a typo or not following the guide 100%. This is a perfect guide and ANYONE with minimal linux experience should be able to follow it. As for typos (I don't know why people don't know how to do this) copy and paste the code. I did this multiple times as I went through because I didn't want to type out that whole line of code. Everything works great. Once again, +1 to Copper.

Status
Limitált ideig lereagálható téma! Már nem fogad további válaszokat.