Seedbox Discussions Safe seedbox country locations? Germany?

lol I think you're a little too paranoid about it
Agreed.

Having said that, personally I would go either for France, Luxembourg, or Netherlands. The privacy laws in these countries are fairly strong, which means that the providers will not give out your details, without a court order, if they did they would be in breach of privacy laws. I don't know about Germany, but I have not heard of any issues.

Remember that the copyright agencies go after low hanging fruit, you do not need a lot of protection, to get out of their line of fire, so for now at least if you use private trackers, and a seedbox (in any country), you will be fine.

germany really isnt the safest place to put you seedbox in... its not as extreme as described before, though the datacenters itself (like hetzner) tend to ban torrenting in the first place, even if its legal stuff you transfer, just to save bw and not trouble with those stupid letters all the time. safe places are in those common DCs like OVH, LW NL, server.lu and such. if you want to go doublesafe on that, just buy through a reseller. its more expensive, but you might be able to avoid sending information that links them to you (name, drivers license, etc).

Well, i never heard of OVH France giving away ip's to judges, at the worst you'll get banned from their service that's all.
Netherlands are known to have laws that protects pirates that's why they are the Land of VPN's.

Unless you have a direct access to scene materials, you won't be at risk when using a box.

Cheers

So France,Holland..this are more safer locations ? Public trackers are like playing Russian rullete..are u serious ? :) does this also counts for the private home networks ? :)

Ok, maybe not Russian roulette, but maybe sex with a prostitute. Sure you can protect yourself with a condom (seedbox), but are you willing to take that chance when the consequences are so drastic?

I received a DMCA notice from files that I downloaded from TPB about a year and a half ago, and quit torrenting until about 2-3 months ago when I found out about seedboxes and private trackers.

Personally, I would never expose my home connection on a private tracker or even use a public tracker on my seedbox account. The chances of getting sued aren't particularly high, but dang, the consequences are very severe.