Seedbox Discussions Had enough of 100TBh... DTS or Chamura?

So, yes, I signed up w/ 100TBh before reading all the reviews. In all honesty they have been "ok" for the last 6-7 months, however recent problems have forced me to look elsewhere.

I've got the Semi-L now, so I'm looking for a comparable, unlimited BW, 100Mbit min throughput, >=1TB storage, which isn't oversold. NL or FR are pref locations...

I don't need the speeds and local I/O or a dedicated server, so a VM/VPS is perfectly acceptable, so long as its not oversold. Support "help" isn't a big selling point---I just need the server to be stable and the rest is up to me. I expect support to be responsive though. :single_eye:

Based on a quick search:

chmuranet.com and DTS's DTK offering look to be comparable, if not better.

What say ye'?

Figyelem! Szexuális ragadozók az nCore-on! Kattints a képre!

Szexuális ragadozók az nCore-on!
Check out http://www.seedmybox.com/vps/ Been using them for about 4 months (Pearl VPS) last year and they're plus minus perfect. Support is great, speeds were OK for a 1gbit line with HDD. I am an uploader so I dont really care about download speed so I only remember that I reached ~50MB/s upload speed once, when the load was small. When loads go up, then the speed drops to about 20-25MB/s. Still good though. Can't remember exact max download rate, but it was well over 30MB/s. You mentioned 100mbit line, but if you have a few bucks spare, this would be the perfect choice. I just want to add, that when I had some problems with the loads (probably from other users) I just opened a ticket and on the next day I was transfered onto another server with loads much better. Hope this was helpful, cheers.

P.s. writing this I had in mind that 910gb is pretty close to your mentioned 1TB.

ild suggest you go with chmuranet, i have been with them for 3-4 months and cant complain.

their privacy policy is amazing, never seen any other provider take it to the degree they do, you give them the very few bits they need (username, hostname password etc) no requirements for them to have your real name even.

as for their support, they will openly admit of something has gone wrong, not hide behind a fake error or reason for something happening.. if you wish to know information about the server your on, they happily give it to you, any issues with their service just ask them.

in terms of the service itself,
speeds average 20-40mb/s on a decent swam torrent, quite often completing in the first few finished downloading. i have seen bursts up to 80MB/s on their boxes.
You are given a whole 2TB drive to yourself, no issues from other users I/Os. The OS is tuned to near perfection, and they are always building new and better templates that somehow squeeze more performance out again!

there is no restrictions on bandwidth, you can go as hard as you want.

I personally don't think i can write a review that does their service enough justice, go with chmuranet and you will love it!

I just submitted my intro, so I can't submit a "real" review, but I did want to come back to this thread and tie 'er off.

I did end up going with Chmuranet, and an hour later they had the VM ready and running. Just as they, and you say, everything worked, was stable, and as advertised.

I'm actually quite happy 100Tbh screwed around with me again---I would have never found out about Chmuranet. Needless to say, when I can, Ill submit a full review.