Seedbox Discussions Just ordered a xirvik box

I hope you get things worked out my friend. I too was going to go with xirvik. I have a rapidpeer seedbox

Figyelem! Szexuális ragadozók az nCore-on! Kattints a képre!

Szexuális ragadozók az nCore-on!
sfernald,

I have been using Xirvik for about two months now. I did not go with a shared, but I went with one of their US dedicated boxes on a 100Mb link. I have no issues with speeds. On a fresh torrent I have seen downs and upload speeds around 9MB/s, the cap would be near 12MB/s. The other speed issue might be the CPU usage. My box had 2GB of RAM and rarely goes near 200MB used, but CPU is almost always 100% used. I have a Sempron 2400+ in the system.

Here is a little snipit of my Webmin stats.

CPU usage 2% user, 13% kernel, 82% IO, 3% idle

Real memory 1.90 GB total, 139.71 MB used

Virtual memory 5.58 GB total, 51.73 MB used

As for the "checking" of torrents, I have seen it be slow before. But since I changed from their "seedbox" to "server with root" config I haven't had many issues. The "server with root" just give you console access to a plain Linux box. You would have to setup everything else yourself. So you would be able to do more setting changes as seen in Scoobie's link.

Z

I just got a new dedi box, not from xirvik, but I"m 1000x times happier with it. Very fast. No problems.

I ordered a 1 week trial of the Xirvik TorrentFlux b4rt shared server Ratio Saver Plan yesterday. It's a little bit different than what I'm used to (previously used uTorrent), but so far I'd have to give it good marks. This is my first go around with seedboxes and Xirvik came with good references. After my week is up I may switch to a semi dedicated plan with rtorrent.
The Xirvik TorrentFlux b4rt shared server Ratio Saver Plan is ok for someone like me who wasn't sure about how seedboxes work & wanted an inexpensive starter, but it's limited to just 3 active torrents, and 20 GB disk space ... not a lot if u watch a lot of movies, or dl large files regularly.