Seedbox Discussions A few seedbox related questions.

Hello everyone,

I've been poking around in here for the last few days before I decided I'd like to have a chance at joining this community, so here goes my first post =]

I used to do a little bit of torrenting a few years ago, and stopped because of the piss poor internet in my suburb/city/state/country(Australia) which meant while my download speeds were quite bad, my upload speeds were even worse.
So in the hopes of giving back and eventually getting into a decent private tracker or two I've decided to look into seedboxes.

So like I said I've been looking around a little on the forums, mainly in this section, and I think I have grasped the general idea of a seedbox, I am a complete beginner when it comes to them but I figure I'll pick one with a little help maybe and just wing it =]

So, my questions:
From what I can see most seedboxes run linux, will this be a huge problem for me having never used it? lol
Do any seedbox providers explicitly refuse the use of public trackers?
Whats the deal with downloading from the seedbox, do all providers provide a secure method? will my current vpn suffice?

Thanks for taking the time (if you did) to read and give me some answers.

TheSwine

P.S sorry if this is in the wrong section.

Edit: I forgot to add that I am liking the look of Ultraseedbox =]

Figyelem! Szexuális ragadozók az nCore-on! Kattints a képre!

Szexuális ragadozók az nCore-on!
This is a very good guide about everything....seedboxes also

http://www.torrent-invites.com/starting-member-lounge/215910-complete-beginners-guide-transitioning-public-private-trackers.html

Many seedboxes is well managed by the providers.You won't meet any huge trouble.Most companies refuse public tracker but there are some not.You could download files from you seedbox via sftp.
You'd better run a speedtest supplied by the seedbox companies and choose the faster of them.

This is a very good guide about everything....seedboxes also

http://www.torrent-invites.com/starting-member-lounge/215910-complete-beginners-guide-transitioning-public-private-trackers.html
Thank you for that link, has cleared up a few things for me already lol

Many seedboxes is well managed by the providers.You won't meet any huge trouble.Most companies refuse public tracker but there are some not.You could download files from you seedbox via sftp.
You'd better run a speedtest supplied by the seedbox companies and choose the faster of them.
Thanks for the tip about speedtests, hadn't even thought about it