Seedbox Discussions Tal0ne VPS Seedbox?

I ordered a brookbox yesterday morning. It was set up and ready to go in less than an hour or two. For the price, I just had to try it out. Its working great. I like that it is a dedicated IP and all the addons: VNC, PLEX, rutorrent + deluge + transmission... Not to mention, 5 users and 3GB of RAM dedicated... Im pretty new to seedboxes, so this is definitely not my area to say anymore than this. The speeds are great - I grabbed the canadian OVH box- tal0ne seems to sell out of canada boxes pretty quick, and I am pulling better speeds (8.5Mbps on a single thread), compared to a NL box that I have been trial using(14Mbps on 8 threads).
Right, only problem I am seeing is that if all five users or heck even two users are using plex to try and stream 10gb bluray rips, plus seed some heavy hitting torrents, that 250mbs is going to get sucked up fast. Only reason I haven't jumped on even the Forestbox, wish they would just sell some managed OVH dedi's in canada.

Figyelem! Szexuális ragadozók az nCore-on! Kattints a képre!

Szexuális ragadozók az nCore-on!
Right, only problem I am seeing is that if all five users or heck even two users are using plex to try and stream 10gb bluray rips, plus seed some heavy hitting torrents, that 250mbs is going to get sucked up fast. Only reason I haven't jumped on even the Forestbox, wish they would just sell some managed OVH dedi's in canada.
Hi there,

I got excited and grabbed the BrookBOX in OVH France because it?s damn cheap just 10EUR, 650GB of HDD and some exiting features available.

I managed to hit 60MB/s up and around 30MB/s down on one torrent and streaming a 1080p to my TV. Pretty impressive if you ask me. I have never been a ratio whore and If those speeds slow to the advertised ones so what. They advertise that Server has a 1Gbit burstable connection with 250Mbit guaranteed bandwidth.

You mentioned on the other thread that you have their Quickseed in Canada with 4 sharing the server, that server has a 1Gbit burstable connection with 200Mbit guaranteed bandwidth, I bet you are hitting higher speed then 200Mbit? If Plex is high priority for you why don?t you grab one of their official Plex streamboxes instead? Anyway god luck with your server haunting mate :cheerful:

I've never hit higher speeds on uploading a popular torrent than 20MB/s. Also, they have quite restrictive peer connectivity. Long term seeding isn't so hot, speed was fine though for FTP. Of course, this is a relative introductory period, so many of the boxes aren't filled to capacity yet. Just am being pragmatic, something has to give. And plex isn't a priority for me, just a thought on how others would use their shared box on the server I would be using, one more thing to take up bandwidth, and load the proc.

I'm not arguing, just stating what I think.

kinda stinks so far compared to pulsedmedia finland

I'm on the Voltage slot from their Heavy series (https://tal0ne.co.uk/heavy-vps-series.php)
I had pretty high expectations from it being leaseweb, even with it being in Virginia/WDC the speeds are disappointing compared to my pulsedmedia ssd slot in Finland which is awesome and holds 50MB/s upload easily and steadily, and combined I've gotten a steady 70-75MB/s..
I'll keep using it another day or two, but for the price - granted it's got lots of space and resources, if the speed isn't there, it's not much of a seedbox...
Speedtest-cli:
seeduser@voltagexxx:~$ speedtest-cli --bytes
Retrieving speedtest.net configuration...
Retrieving speedtest.net server list...
Testing from Leaseweb USA (108.59.14.xx)...
Selecting best server based on latency...
Hosted by T-Mobile (West Norriton, PA) [57.08 km]: 9.526 ms
Testing download speed........................................
Download: 76.09 Mbyte/s
Testing upload speed..................................................
Upload: 17.46 Mbyte/s