Seedbox Discussions Tal0ne OVH dedicated seedbox vs. Personal OVH dedicated server.

Hey all,
I'm trying to get my head around something and hoping someone can point me in the right direction.
I have a tal0ne ViaSeed dedicated seedbox. I also have an OVH dedicated server (99% sure its the exact same hardware). Im just really curious about the performance difference between the two. This morning for example I had a 41GB file fire up simultaneously in irssi. Download differences were marginal but uplaod was way apart.
Right now I have uploaded 76GB at a ratio of 1.85 on the Tal0ne but on my own setup i have uploaded only 25GB at a ratio of 0.6... This isn't just one torrent though. Its the same with about 95% of all torrents (fyi mainly on hdt). I have altered all the connection settings on my own server to match the ones on the tal0ne.
What would be the cause? Datacentre difference possibly? I'm on Roubaix.
If not that what else? They use a better script than I have used? Im using Debian 7 and they are using a different distro? Would the script and distro cause such a massive difference?

Thanks in advance to anyone can help me understand.:tears_of_joy:

Figyelem! Szexuális ragadozók az nCore-on! Kattints a képre!

Szexuális ragadozók az nCore-on!
Very interesting! I'm not a tech savvy so if you ask me I'd say tal0ne got a magic wand and they use some kind of Harry Potter like spell on their servers. Uploadefy?!
Joking aside I'd say installation and tweaking could make a difference or maybe that was just a luck. You should test it again.

well, their seedbox installations are (hopefully) highly optimized for this purpose - that's why you pay some bucks more for the managed servers
maybe you could look up some configs or what distro/kernel they use via vnc/x2go/ssh if you have access

its strange as i thought their setup is top notch. May be a setup or just a peering issue. You may auto on more torrents and give inputs through screen shots

Hey all,
I'm trying to get my head around something and hoping someone can point me in the right direction.
I have a tal0ne ViaSeed dedicated seedbox. I also have an OVH dedicated server (99% sure its the exact same hardware). Im just really curious about the performance difference between the two. This morning for example I had a 41GB file fire up simultaneously in irssi. Download differences were marginal but uplaod was way apart.
Right now I have uploaded 76GB at a ratio of 1.85 but on my own setup i have uploaded only 25GB at a ratio of 0.6... This isn't just one torrent though. Its the same with about 95% of all torrents (fyi mainly on hdt). I have altered all the connection settings on my own server to match the ones on the tal0ne.
What would be the cause? Datacentre difference possibly? I'm on Roubaix.
If not that what else? They use a better script than I have used? Im using Debian 7 and they are using a different distro? Would the script and distro cause such a massive difference?

Thanks in advance to anyone can help me understand.:tears_of_joy:

all else fails, ask them in a ticket. it is a very interesting question though