General Discussion Should Western Countries try to Intervene in Islamic laws?

In my opinion the islamic countries are influenced too strong by the religion. It's like europe in the middle ages, suppresion of women, stupid rules are enforced also that it's right to kill infidels...
But if any western country once again intervenes to bring "freedom", the people there would start a revolt against it. I think that the internet and the globalization are the first steps to a better near east. People from western countries shouldn't intervene, but infrom, seek the dialogue.

Figyelem! Szexuális ragadozók az nCore-on! Kattints a képre!

Szexuális ragadozók az nCore-on!
It wasn't so long ago that women didn't have rights in Western countries either.

Islamic rule has been around for many centuries. While we in the western world do not understand most of how a society can function under Islamic Law this is just an example of going to far. Do not blame a minority for making the majority look bad.

---------- Post added at 10:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 AM ----------

It wasn't so long ago that women didn't have rights in Western countries either.
Women's Suffrage in the US was only 100 years ago.

America in all its glory is not without blemishes when it comes to legislation. I mean we've had some of the most preposterous bans in human history. At one point or other, brewing, distilling, bottling, distribution and consumption of all alcoholic beverages had been banned. Hell, in some parts of America, selling ice cream on Sunday was a hell worthy trespass. Fortunately we've made progress and these bans are no longer with us today. However, they are gross injustices, major violations of civil rights, and prime examples of government wrongfully depriving the rights of its citizens. Back in those days, if someone (a foreign nation or a number of them) were to "intervene" on such issues, nations went to war with each other and we probably were no exception. It is probably our duty to point out that discrimination against women are not in line with teachings of curan and islam, but heaven forbid we should "intervene" as a nation. We can help educate them and hopefully they'll make the progress many of us have but lifting and abolishing such bans should entirely be up to them. Now, if these women while they're locked up are threatened or subjected to torture, this is a different matter altogether, and in my opinion the global community must take actions to protect the human rights of its constituents.

A lot of people throw the allegations that the western wrold only helps countries that have oil. Well, I have a different view point on that. Certain actions are unacceptable. Countries that kill/oppress their people should be wiped off the face of the earth. The situation in Syria should have been taken care of a long time ago. Although, after the situation is resolved, we should take whatever resources we need to take care of the cost of the war. After all, overthrowing dictators isn't free or cheap.