Seedbox Discussions Safely Downlaoding from Seedbox

I would also recommend SFTP / SCP (eg: WinSCP client). Reason being, its tailored for the purpose. All data over SSH (scp/sftp) is encrypted... so all they can prove is that your IP download X GB of data from seedbox. They can't prove what you downloaded.... it could have been Ubuntu .isos for all intents and purposes. There is no such thing as anonymity, there is always a trail, VPNs can be subpenaed, or they can use packet trackers of some sort.

I have a handy 'get_complete.bat' script http://www.torrent-invites.com/seedbox-tutorials/201882-tutorial-cron-various-seedbox-scripts.html so even the non-techy wife can download here finished episodes

I would also recommend SFTP / SCP (eg: WinSCP client). Reason being, its tailored for the purpose. All data over SSH (scp/sftp) is encrypted... so all they can prove is that your IP download X GB of data from seedbox. They can't prove what you downloaded.... it could have been Ubuntu .isos for all intents and purposes. There is no such thing as anonymity, there is always a trail, VPNs can be subpenaed, or they can use packet trackers of some sort.

I have a handy 'get_complete.bat' script http://www.torrent-invites.com/seedbox-tutorials/201882-tutorial-cron-various-seedbox-scripts.html so even the non-techy wife can download here finished episodes
Thanks for your input.

What I have found with native scp/sftp is that it is quite slow through the proxy. So then I tried a few multi-part downloaders operating over SFTP. They were much faster. For some reason, wxDownloadFast really is much faster again. It just hasn't been updated in years and is a little fragile on my (and some others) PC's.

True anonymity can be hard to find, true. However, there's no point in making things too easy.

Evidence of a direct SFTP/SCP connection to the seedbox might well be enough evidence for the law to show up at my door and seize my PC. That's why I go through a (carfeully-selected) vpn. One which doesn't maintain any logs, and which shares it's servers among multiple users. So, even if they follow the trail from the seedbox to a particular box at the vpn, they have no way of proving which of the users connected to that box connected to the seedbox. Even with a subpoena, there are no logs to seize. They would have to seize control of operations at the VPN, and enable logging, and sit there waiting for me. I somehow don't expect that to happen. Overkill? Maybe.

Thanks again.