Seedbox Discussions Safely Downlaoding from Seedbox

Hi all,

So, I've got my seedbox up and running. I'm on a private tracker. I get nicely fast downloads to my seedbox. So far, so good.

My problem now is pulling the files down to my PC.

I don't want to connect directly to my seedbox, so I run an anonymous proxy on my PC. I currently use wxDownloadFast to download the files. wxDownloadFast is way faster than any other client I have used, 3-4 times as fast as other multi threaded clients. however, it's unstable. If left to run unattended for any length of time, it will crash. Also, my vpn client occasionally disconnects without warning. This leads to the twin problems of downloads just stopping, or worse, downloads continuing without the proxy.

I'm running on a fairly old Win XP PC.

What are your recommendations for a reliable, cheap, and truly anonymous (shared IP's, no logging) VPN? Ideally one which doesn't randomly disconnect and one which will auto reconnect if needed.

What are your recommendations for a free/cheap, speedy, reliable download client which supports HTTP(S)/SFTP downloads, and which won't fail.

I'd like to be able to set up a relationship between the two of the above so that the download client will only download through the VPN. If the VPN is unavailable, it will try to start it. If the VPN fails to start, or falls over, no downloading would happen.

Thanks for any input.

If you're looking for a reliable VPN provider see here > http://customer.kphservices.com/vpn-hosting.php

When a VPN fails though it generally isn't the VPN host at fault, Most ISP have an inactivity timeout where the connection drops because it isn't being used.
Torrent Freak have an exellent guide on how to secure the connection in the event the VPN connection drops http://torrentfreak.com/how-to-make-vpns-even-more-secure-120419/

More and more people seem to be asking questions like this lately. You should be fine just using secure FTP to your seedbox but if you really think you need a VPN too, read this article: Which VPN Providers Really Take Anonymity Seriously? | TorrentFreak I use airvpn. They don't keep any logs and have multiple servers in various countries. You can even pay for it with bitcoins. You DO lose overall speed when connected to a VPN but I don't notice it when torrenting or downloading and it varies a lot from server to server. I rarely get disconnected from it but have Windows firewall set up to block utorrent just in case it goes down.

SFTP should be all you need. As long as your seedbox provider allows SFTP access, which most do, then you're good to go. Just load up FileZilla if you want to go the Free route and select SFTP.

If you're willing to pay, I recommend CuteFTP. Multi-part downloading rules!

More and more people seem to be asking questions like this lately. You should be fine just using secure FTP to your seedbox but if you really think you need a VPN too, read this article: Which VPN Providers Really Take Anonymity Seriously? | TorrentFreak I use airvpn. They don't keep any logs and have multiple servers in various countries. You can even pay for it with bitcoins. You DO lose overall speed when connected to a VPN but I don't notice it when torrenting or downloading and it varies a lot from server to server. I rarely get disconnected from it but have Windows firewall set up to block utorrent just in case it goes down.
Thanks, but the reason I don't want to rely on SFTP is that if the seedbox gets seized, there are likely to be connection logs there revealing my IP.

---------- Post added at 04:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 PM ----------

SFTP should be all you need. As long as your seedbox provider allows SFTP access, which most do, then you're good to go. Just load up FileZilla if you want to go the Free route and select SFTP.

If you're willing to pay, I recommend CuteFTP. Multi-part downloading rules!
Won't SFTP leave connection logs on the seedbox identifying my IP? If the seedbox gets seized, I'm exposed.

---------- Post added at 04:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 PM ----------

If you're looking for a reliable VPN provider see here > http://customer.kphservices.com/vpn-hosting.php

When a VPN fails though it generally isn't the VPN host at fault, Most ISP have an inactivity timeout where the connection drops because it isn't being used.
Torrent Freak have an exellent guide on how to secure the connection in the event the VPN connection drops http://torrentfreak.com/how-to-make-vpns-even-more-secure-120419/
Thanks for that TF article. Looks very relevant.