General Discussion Male birth control

No pill ever, don't put artificial things in your body. There is "always" something in it that will harm you badly.. Just use a condom if you don't want children. There could always come a time of regret, when you wanted children or that you can't do something anymore because you've gotten sick of that pill.

Figyelem! Szexuális ragadozók az nCore-on! Kattints a képre!

Szexuális ragadozók az nCore-on!
I would take the male pill if it has been really tested, and proven that it didn't have any serious side effects. But such testing takes many years. And really I don't want any children. My partner and I have discussed it many times. So I would probably just get a vasectomy in the future because it's a safer and less invasive surgery than getting her tubes tied. That way my girlfriend can stop taking the pill and we would never have to worry about an unplanned pregnancy.

I wouldn't do it anyway,even if we had an alternative way like CONDOMS.With those side effects i wouldn't dare to take any pills.So,what would i do without condoms and pills?Well no more creampie for me then...

Not wishing to stifle the comments being made here but can you please ensure that if you comment that you explain your view:

1. If male birth control was available would you men be willing to take it? Why or why not?
  2. Where do you feel the responsibility for protection lies the most? On the male or the female? Both?
The emphasis here being on the WHY

If male birth control was available, I would probably be down to take it, depending on the side effects. For example, as of very recently (today?) news was released about a compound that was given to mice that specifically targets a protein in the testis and blocks proper sperm production. It was completely effective (and reversible!) in mice and the only observed side effect was a decrease in testicle size. If the same pill could be used in human men, and the only side effect was reduced testicle size, I think I would be alright with that for the sake of not reproducing. Additionally, the injection that has been mentioned in this thread seems like a great form of birth control to me. Sure, it might be painful, but the injection is reversible and will last up to 10 years. Plus, it's apparently 100% effective. A little pain is well worth 10 years of not having kids on accident.

As for where the responsibility lies, I think it depends a bit. Condoms are currently the number one way for men to control protection. However, condoms aren't the safest option of birth control. There are various safe options for women including the pill, IUDs and injections, that often have a better rate of contraception prevention. Assuming the woman doesn't have any conditions that would stop her from using any of these forms of prevention, I think it's actually more appropriate for the woman to be in control of providing protection. However, the responsibility ultimately comes down to yourself. If you're not in a committed relationship (and sometimes, even if you are) you can't always be sure that the girl is taking her pills regularly, for example. If you really don't want to have a kid, wear a condom. If you're a woman, make sure whoever you're sleeping with wears a condom (and does it correctly) or get yourself on birth control if you can't guarantee that there will always be condoms on-hand.