General Discussion Male birth control

I wouldn't take it just like I would encourage women not to take BC. Just because of my girlfriend and I experience.

Figyelem! Szexuális ragadozók az nCore-on! Kattints a képre!

Szexuális ragadozók az nCore-on!
Why take a pill and expose yourself to that kind of medication ?Just wear a freaking condom

Its called condoms ;P

I personally don't like female birth control. My soon to be wife had been on it for nearly 6 years. Now she has been off it for a year and we are having trouble getting pregnant. It's funny to cause the doctor said it is probably because she was on BC for so long. Funny they don't tell you that when the prescribe BC.
Yeah, It also screws up their hormones cause it messes with their natural cycle. My wife once had the Depo pervara shot, and she didn't have a period for 5 months and was not pregnant. Some women actually prefer the pill cause it keeps them on time. It really screws with my wifes hormones though which = not sure what to expect when I come home, her nagging, or her crying.

Yeah, It also screws up their hormones cause it messes with their natural cycle. My wife once had the Depo pervara shot, and she didn't have a period for 5 months and was not pregnant. Some women actually prefer the pill cause it keeps them on time. It really screws with my wifes hormones though which = not sure what to expect when I come home, her nagging, or her crying.
The Depo-Pervara shot is substantially different from the pill- because it lasts so long, the dose is higher, and it's progesterone only, etc. Many woman find it too intense, and that it messes with their mood....it's why more aren't on it, despite it being so much easier than remembering a pill every day. That's unfortunate though, black_coffee, and I'm sure pretty tough for the both of you.

Why take a pill and expose yourself to that kind of medication ?Just wear a freaking condom
I think many aren't comfortable with a 2% perfect-use failure rate looming, and would be more more comfortable with the additional 0.3% perfect-use failure rate the pill provides.

AlloyedTorque,

The trial in India is actually what started the discussion. Its pretty intriguing, the injections last 10 years, from what I read. You're correct though on the having to remember it daily. I like hearing that you'd be open to trying a male form of it though. You'd be surprised at how many guys said they wouldn't take it.
Yes! Fascinating, isn't it? I think many will change their mind when informed better about it. If it works as planned, and doesn't have any unforeseen side-effects, the really neat thing is that there should be very few ill-effects. No hormone changes mean that we males wouldn't be subject to mood swings, CV risk increase, etc that all can stem from the pill. I think many males in long term relationships, especially with woman who have problems with contraceptives, would switch if only to make it easier for their loved ones. Males not in such relationships would likely be interested too, as it would truly give them better control over their reproduction. Not saying that condoms aren't pretty decent as it stands, but again, it would be much closer to perfect protection.

If the trial reveals the treatment works as well as planned... and that's a bit of a big if!

Of course I would use it but only if there are no hormonal changes. I don't like stuff that messes with my mind or body.