Seedbox Discussions Hardware requirements for 100,000 torrents?

LOL, WTF! Tell me more.
it's for a tracker that gets about 50-100 torrents a day and already has close to 50,000 old torrents that are still live. the seedbox will download all of them and maintain a seed so that no more torrents go dead.

Now please , tell me what is funny about that?

Figyelem! Szexuális ragadozók az nCore-on! Kattints a képre!

Szexuális ragadozók az nCore-on!
u should definitly go with a rtorrent/rutorrent solution instead of transmission then, cause the performance with that many torrents will be much better.

Is anybody else more worried about the hard drive situation? 45 hard drives of what type? What is the total amount of space needed? Drive I/O is going to be the bottleneck before bandwidth, no? Much better to have a raid with the biggest/fastest drives you can get your hands on. I'm guessing the raid controller will be the most expensive component.

Wait, you're building your box from scratch?
Are you going to run it on your home connection or are you colocating?

My full post was aimed at servers you could hire not about a home cooked box :p.
There are no 64GB DIMMS (as far as i know) :p you could indeed reach that amount of RAM with multiple smaller DIMMS though.
CPU rate of a dualcore 2.4-2.6 Ghz should be enough i think but you might aswell do for a 2 Ghz i7, they arent that far apart in price if you pick one of the cheaper i7's.

Transmission, Deluge, or rutorrent with 100k torrents, LOL. The only thing that MIGHT sustain this is several rtorrent instances combined with a good dose of scripting (to balance content between the instances). rtorrent is reported to handle 10k, the rest is proper cofiguration to not overtax resources, and as mentioned, scripting.

A better route would be to allow people on the site press an auto-reseed button, and then manage a working set of items in a single rtorrent instance. And/or do that automatically on metafile download of underseeded stuff. Then you only need the HD space, the other resources are harmless.