Seedbox Discussions Hardware requirements for 100,000 torrents?

I am building headless seedbox, , that will have 100,000 torrents seeded, allow 10 peers per torrent, and 10,000 global peers. the seedbox will be on a dedicated 1Gbit connection.

Running at capacity, how much RAM do I need, and what processors can handle the load?

I'm planninng on using transmission-daemon, but is there anything less resource intensive?

Figyelem! Szexuális ragadozók az nCore-on! Kattints a képre!

Szexuális ragadozók az nCore-on!
I am not a expert on any of this stuff, but I am sure if you buy a dedicated server for a 1Gbit connection, almost all providers will have a powerful cpu and ram ranging from 16GB to even 32GB.

Hmm that amount of torrents will pretty much beat your 1Gbit pipeline, i'd go for a 10Gbit if i were you that's just as a starter point.

The amount of RAM and processor is kind of hard to guess because it depends on the actual traffic on a case to case base but I would figure the 16GB RAM models to be far to slow since this will most likely be a seedbox for a tracker or so, i'd go with a 64GB model (32GB the poster above ^ mentions might be enough aswell), that should most likely keep up with the stress (no 100% guarantee ofcourse but i'm pretty sure it would hold up).

As for the CPU, it really doesn't stress it that much, if you get one of the big @ss boxes the CPU's in them are usually dual or even quad core running at speeds like 2Ghz so that should be more then enough.

As for the transmission daemon, i'm not really familiar with it, never felt like cleaning a seedbox and setting up transmission :p, maybe a deluge daemon?
I'm not sure about that last one at all because, as stated, i'm seriously guessing on this one lol.

Hmm that amount of torrents will pretty much beat your 1Gbit pipeline, i'd go for a 10Gbit if i were you that's just as a starter point. .
I don't have nearly enough money to get a 10Gbit pipline, at the best rate I've found of $1 per Mbps that would cost $10,000 a month.

The amount of RAM and processor is kind of hard to guess because it depends on the actual traffic on a case to case base but I would figure the 16GB RAM models to be far to slow since this will most likely be a seedbox for a tracker or so, i'd go with a 64GB model (32GB the poster above ^ mentions might be enough aswell), that should most likely keep up with the stress (no 100% guarantee ofcourse but i'm pretty sure it would hold up).

The amount of RAM and processor is kind of hard to guess because it depends on the actual traffic on a case to case base but I would figure the 16GB RAM models to be far to slow since this will most likely be a seedbox for a tracker or so, i'd go with a 64GB model (32GB the poster above ^ mentions might be enough aswell), that should most likely keep up with the stress (no 100% guarantee ofcourse but i'm pretty sure it would hold up) .
i'm not sure what you mean by "model" are you talking about DIMMS? I'm pretty sure 64GB DIMMS don't exist yet, and 32GB DIMMS are way too expensive. But with 8x8GB DIMMS or 4x16GB DIMMS

As for the CPU, it really doesn't stress it that much, if you get one of the big @ss boxes the CPU's in them are usually dual or even quad core running at speeds like 2Ghz so that should be more then enough.
I'm building my box from scratch so I have to pick my motherboard, cpu, RAID card. etc. But wiith 45 hard drives, its going to be a big @ss box :-D