Seedbox Discussions Australian speed woes

Hey Everyone!

I have yet to decide on a seedbox provider, however, that is not my issue atm....Ive tried out a couple of trial ones for speed, and the issue I have is FTP speed....Ive tried Filezilla and a few others and the speed is pretty terrible. Australia is unfortunately, very backwards with speed. Is there a FTP that is "faster" than the others, or is there a seedbox out there that has their own ftp?

Thanks all and I look forward to investigating more of this site :excitement:

Lea:strawberry::strawberry:

Figyelem! Szexuális ragadozók az nCore-on! Kattints a képre!

Szexuális ragadozók az nCore-on!
I am in the same situation as you, and I understand the pain with FTP speeds.
Personally, I've received the fastest speeds from boxes located in the US, but that may vary depending on provider.

The best way around this is a little unconventional. What I do now is using File Manager through ruTorrent, I archive the things I want that are on my seedbox (such as a movie, or a few seasons of a TV show at a time) and then download that archive through IDM (Internet Download Manager). The result is pretty good, with average speeds of 3MB/s from a UK box and 5MB/s from one in the Netherlands. I never tested this with any US providers. The downside is that it takes up space, resources and time, but it's probably the best option you're going to find.

Alternatively, you can pay for a subscription service like MultCloud on top of your box and transfer the files to a Google Drive and download it from there, as speeds will be significantly faster. But that's another pain in the neck.

Note: going onto the NBN won't make any difference, so if that's coming to your house anytime soon, don't rely on it.

FTP is often slow everywhere in the world if it's not using multi segmented download. Here is a tutorial on how to use multi segmented downloads on frealhosting. I should be easy to adapt for another server. Try increasing the number of segments until the server starts refusing more concurrent connections if you don't know the number of connections it allows. This approach increased my ftp download speeds significantly with over 400 %. I don't live in Australia but maybe it's worth trying. I would imagine it could give a good boost.

Hi,

We offer a bouncer server in Sydney, which will allow you to download at high speeds even in Australia from seedboxes hosted with us, in general we see users hitting 30-40Mbit per thread using the bouncer.

Best regards
seedbox.io

I am in the same situation as you, and I understand the pain with FTP speeds.
Personally, I've received the fastest speeds from boxes located in the US, but that may vary depending on provider.

The best way around this is a little unconventional. What I do now is using File Manager through ruTorrent, I archive the things I want that are on my seedbox (such as a movie, or a few seasons of a TV show at a time) and then download that archive through IDM (Internet Download Manager). The result is pretty good, with average speeds of 3MB/s from a UK box and 5MB/s from one in the Netherlands. I never tested this with any US providers. The downside is that it takes up space, resources and time, but it's probably the best option you're going to find.

Alternatively, you can pay for a subscription service like MultCloud on top of your box and transfer the files to a Google Drive and download it from there, as speeds will be significantly faster. But that's another pain in the neck.

Note: going onto the NBN won't make any difference, so if that's coming to your house anytime soon, don't rely on it.
many british servers has the same problem. but then again every service has a fault